1. Say a big Nup to the Cup
a) Join our Virtual Farshuns on the Field ‘Nup to the Cup’ Picnic Protest.
Bringing together two of Melbourne’s favourite past times – fashion and sport, we deliver to you a free alternative to the old ‘Race that stops a nation’, to say ‘NUP TO THE CUP!’ Join us from the comfort of your own personal protest party for an online version of FARSHANS ON THE FIELD! We will livestream direct to your devices from 2-4pm on Cup Day. Coinciding with the actual (disg)race. Livestream will happen via Facebook and Twitch. Details to come.
Hosted by Tenfingerz, Famous Artist Sebastian Berto and Dazza from Bogan Bingo. Featuring:
– live cross to the Coalition for the Protection of Racehorses
– interactive fashun races
– fun and frivolity
– absolutely no senseless torture of animalsDetails of fashun racing to come. Stay tuned. Stand by. Keep up to date here.
b) Join our Virtual ‘Nup to the Cup’ Action for Horses
As a statement against animal abuse, please take a photo of yourself wearing your CPR ‘Nup to the Cup’ face mask (available here), or if you prefer, simply hold a sign stating ‘Say Nup to the Cup’ and post it on all of your social media pages at, or as close to 9am as possible, on the morning of the Melbourne Cup.
**Make sure you use the hashtag #NupToTheCup along with any of these optional extras…
More information here.
c) Run your own Nup to the Cup or join another!
We understand COVID-19 restrictions may limit what you can do this year, but if you are able to do something, even if it is a virtual event, boycotting the sweep, gathering with small groups of like-minded people, or offering special deals from your business, it all makes a statement that you refuse to support animal cruelty. If you are planning something public, registering it with us (here) can help to demonstrate Nup to the Cup as a growing movement and encourage others to join. There are events happening across Australia. Keep an eye out here for updates.
d) Hijack Myer Fashions On Your Front Lawn
The Spring Carnival and Myer want people to believe animal cruelty is stylish, fun and glamorous. We need to hijack ‘Myer Fashions on your Front Lawn’ to help ensure people understand that it is far from it.
Step 1 – get dressed up in your message of truth and take a photo
Step 2 – upload your photo to your instagram and make sure it is set to public
Step 3 – use the hashtag #cupweekfashion followed by the hashtag of the category you are entering, either #madhatters #cupweekcostumes #familyties or #loungeinstyle
Step 4 – Winners will be announced live on network 10 on Saturday 7 November. No you won’t win this celebration of cruelty. But you will add another win for the horses, by people seeing your photo of truth.You can do this anytime between Saturday 31 October – Thursday 5 November and make as many image posts as you like.
More information in our Facebook event here.
Myer Fashions on your Front Lawn and the various categories here
Watch & Share
2. Knowledge is power.
a) By sharing our just released 38 minute groundbreaking documentary, One Year On, exposing the suffering horses endure before, during and after racing, you can empower others around you to take action and end this cruelty for good. Click here to see our film, read our report and share with everyone you know. Help others see beyond the industry rhetoric and expose the truth to the world.
b) ABCs The Final Race is still available to share online. This powerful investigation blew the lid off the Australian horse racing industry and must be seen.
Take the CPR Pledge
3. Pledge to never bet on or attend the races ever again. When you sign the CPR pledge an email will be sent on your behalf to all racing authorities and government ministers, showing them the decline in support for the industry in real time.
4. Be a walking billboard and advocate for the horses! Show the world you’re saying Nup to the Cup with one of our ethically traded, sustainably manufactured t-shirts. Stickers, hats, keep cups and heaps more awesome merchandise items are also available at our online store. Sales go towards funding our ongoing campaigns.
5. Attend a rally or protest in your state that is inline with current COVID-19 regulations. Send a loud message to the racing industry from the track side or in a busy public place. We have multiple events listed all across Australia; come along, be seen and most importantly be heard!
6. Head to our Businesses The Sponsor Horse Abuse page, where you can easily view our list of race sponsors and sign our petition. We will send businesses who sponsor horse racing a message on your behalf that you will no longer support them so long as they support horse abuse. An important part of the horse racing industry’s survival is sponsorship, Help us show the sponsors that the community says NO to animal cruelty. Note: our sponsors list is a work in progress so please check back regularly for the companies you should no longer support.
Share the Truth with Horse Racing Supporters
7. CPR has produced many documents and videos detailing and exposing the truth behind the facade. Please click on the below links and share them via emails and social media.
Report – 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Support Horse Racing
Report – Deathwatch Report 2020
Report – The Slaughter of Thoroughbreds and Standbreds in Australia
Video – Deathwatch 2020 Video Tribute
Video – Horse Racing Hides Deaths
Video – Cruel Transport of Horses in Australia
Video – Why CPR Exists
Plus many other videos on our Youtube channel
8. You’re walking the walk in your awesome new Nup to the Cup t-shirt, why not also drive the talk! Just as t-shirts are an effective means of advocacy so too are our vehicles. Order a stencil or bumper sticker for your car, watch the tutorial in the link below and make your car into a moving billboard just like you!
9. Donate to one of the many reputable rescues rehabilitating horses in Australia, or to CPR so we can continue our ongoing campaigns, lobbying and investigations. You can make a one off donation or monthly contributions; everything is helpful!
10. Consider donating your time. The racing industry is massive, and we need as many of you volunteering with us to ensure the interests of racehorses are effectively represented and the industry is held to account. There are a variety of roles and tasks that are suited to everyone!
Never Be Silent
11. Speak up, speak out and be heard. Every conversation is an opportunity to change hearts and minds. Read through this website for all the stats and facts, and become an informed advocate for the animals.